Possible miscarraige

Patient : I had a pos preg test a few days ago but earlier today I was cramping and bleeding. Now it stopped. Was I having a miscarraige? Or is this normal?
Symptoms:  Bleeding,cramping
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com If your pregnancy test was positive and you experience some spotting/ bleeding , then it may be termed as threatened abortion unless proved otherwise as it was also associated with cramping. Threatened abortion may occur in cases of fetal congenital anomalies , luteal phase defect causing inadequate implantation or there may be subchorionic bleed due to injury . In either case , a transvaginal ultrasound is required to confirm the bviability o fthe intrauterine pregnancy and check for heart beat of the fetus along with the decidual reaction or any evidence of subchorionic bleed. After confirming the viability , a serum progesterone test may be performed to rule out luteal phase defect. You should visit your physician for a per speculum examination and ultrasound and confirm the viability of the pregnancy . you may be started on exogenous progesterones to support the pregnancy and would be advised bed rest for few days till no further bleeding is noticed. I hope i have answered your query in detail. wishing you safe pregnancy , regards