Possible misdiagnosed miscarriage?

Patient : I had an early miscarriage on October 14th. Bleeding lasted for 6 days. My typical menstrual cycle is 35 days, occasionally varying. We took a home pregnancy test on November 20th, the line was faint. Took another 4 days later, it was more solid. Had our first internal ultrasound December 9th.. The empty gestational sac measured 6 weeks 6 days. Had a followup scan a week later, measured 7 weeks 4 days. It was still empty. The tech only took 5 minutes with each scan. We both have a history of twins in our families. Is this a blighted ovum? Could her measurements be incorrect?
Symptoms:  Normal pregnancy symptoms. No cramps/spotting/bleeding.
Doctor :   Hello, It is suggested that with pregnancy test positive and a gestational sac of 7 week +4 days gestation without any fetal pole yet in the 9 week of pregnancy considering october 14 as your LMP, you must wait for another week and repeat ultrasound to look for fetal pole and heart beat to cover up incidences of delayed fertilization. If the G-sac remains empty then it would be blighted ovum for sure and abortion with medical methods can be initiated under physician's supervision. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards