Possible multiple vitamin deficiency.

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor,
One year ago I used to suffer with neck pain. I used to get tingling sensation like a power shock from shoulder to fingers. At that time I was unable to weigh more weights with my hands. Even while I was drinking water my hands used to get shivered. But right now I don't have neck pain but I'm suffering with severe back pain in thoracic region and in the area of above buttocks.While I'm standing I feel that all my weight is pressurised on the sacrum region. Due to this I'm getting pain in the heels also. I'm getting tired always. For many years I'hv been suffering with infection in scalp. With scalping infection I'hv been suffering for 5 years even though I used some anti-fungal lotions prescribed by a dermatologist, there's no result. I got X-ray report of back spine. Doctor told me that there was no any problem with spine and he suggested me to take good food and to do some excercises. So I can't decide whether its skin related disease or spine related disease to take further step. Can you please tell me the disease with what I'm suffering from years.

Doctor

A:   I suggest that you have a comprehensive evaluation by your PCP to rule out a vitamin deficiency, specifically Vitamin B.The B-complex vitamins are absolutely essential for a number of necessary metabolic processes such as red blood cell synthesis, maintenance of a healthy nervous system and the production of energy. All B complex vitamins are water soluble. They provide energy from using carbs and converting them to glucose. B-complex vitamins are also essential for the metabolism of proteins and fat. B-complex vitamins work together, so it is important to take them all at the same time. Vitamin B and weight loss go hand in hand, but only when all forms of vitamin B are taken together: Riboflavin(B2), Niacin(B3), Panthotenic Acid(B5),Pyridoxine (B6), Cyanocobalamin (B12). Vitamin B12 causes the metabolism to speed up, which in turn increases weight loss. Shots give a tremendous boost of energy. This generally helps people to maintain their diets, and motivates them to exercise and increase physical activity. Vitamin B12 also helps to fight stress, anxiety and depression. Vitamin B12 deficiency may result in anemia, problems with the peripheral nerves, memory loss and cognitive decline. It is very rare that a person get overdosed of Vitamin B complex because they are water soluble, which means that the excess you may take is eliminated by urine. Sometimes you may see negative effects as rash or allergy, but not dents in the nails.