Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possible nerve damage, or blood flow problem.

Possible nerve damage, or blood flow problem.

Patient: What causes the finger tips on my left hand to be continuously numb?

Symptoms: Constant tingling in fingers and numbing at tips

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The DoctorFollowing are the possibilities:1.Prolapsed Intervertebral Cervical Disc Compressi on.2. Carpel Tunnel SyndromeI would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels3. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.4. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing5. Thyroid profile.For Pain i advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If Carpel Tunnel syndrome is diagnosed by investigations, you would initially be treated with Intraarticular Steroid Injection. If not relieved by this, surgery would be performed.Share my opinion with your doctor, before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy