Possible nerve damage, or blood flow problem.

Patient : What causes the finger tips on my left hand to be continuously numb?
Symptoms:  Constant tingling in fingers and numbing at tips
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor Following are the possibilities: 1.Prolapsed Intervertebral Cervical Disc Compressi on. 2. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome I would advise you to get following: 1. X-ray Cervical spine 2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels 3. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor. 4. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing 5. Thyroid profile. For Pain i advise following: 1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. 2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area. 3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally. 4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage. If Carpel Tunnel syndrome is diagnosed by investigations, you would initially be treated with Intraarticular Steroid Injection. If not relieved by this, surgery would be performed. Share my opinion with your doctor, before you act upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy