Possible Overdose from Pain Reliever

Patient

Q: I had a crown put into my teeth about a week and a half ago. The dentist prescribed me with 800 mg of motrin for the pain. A week and a half later I am still experiencing the pain so I have been still taking the medicine every 8 hours since it has been prescribed. I feel like I am overdosing though. I looked up some of the symptoms for overdosing and i have some of them. So my question is that am i actually overdosing or is 800 mg every 8 hours safe for about two weeks straight.

Symptoms:  Dizziness, tiredness, stomach pain, headaches, confusion
Doctor

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I forgot to bring my prescription medication- an antidepressant on my trip to the Bahamas. The drug is an SSRI calle...

Q: Hi. I had a partial coectomy 1 year ago. Since that time, my abdomen has been very hard, it sticks way out and is lar...

Q: I have had continuous lower back pain for the past few months that has not been resolved. I went to a chiropractor a...

Q: I am awaiting an MRI due to what my Doctor thinks could be a trapped nerve. I've had pins and needles, pain and weakn...

Q: I had sex for the first time with my now ex gf (unprotected) and barely 3days after, i noticed peeling on my penis ...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews