Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possible Pregnancy- Brown Spotting & Cramps

Possible Pregnancy- Brown Spotting & Cramps

Patient: I am about 10 days away from my next menstrual cycle. For the past 5 days I have had light cramping and brown spotting, along with being a little light headed at times and lethargic. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms: Brown spotting, light cramping, light headedness, and fatigue

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulati on, there is a possibility of pregnancy.Other possibilities are hormonal fluctuation leading to premenstrual spotting, abdominal cramps etc.Better to wait for your expected date of periods and if you miss your periods, go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.Hope this helps.Take care.