Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possible pregnancy seeking advice

Possible pregnancy seeking advice

Patient: My period is 10 days late. I’m nauseated, tired ALL the time, tge smell of garlic makes me want to puke, I have a sore lower back, and frequent headaches. Coukd I be pregnant? I am not on b/c and my fiancé and I have frequent un protected sex.

Symptoms: Nausea, lower back ache, frequent urination, constipation, headache

Doctor: Hello,If you have missed your periods by 10 days now, then it is important to rule out pregnancy first with a urine p regnancy test.If the test is negative then the symptoms possibly you are experiencing can be attributed to premenstrual syndrome which can mimic early pregnancy symptoms and falsely make a lady believe that she may be pregnant. PMS indicates that menses are about to ensue in few days and usually subside by onset or end of menses.Considering that you have been sexually active without any protection, the likelihood of pregnancy is higher, so get a urine pregnancy test done first .I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards