Possible pregnancy? unusual 10 day light period

Patient

Q: I'm 19. 2 weeks ago i started a "10 day cycle" it was all light pink bleeding. i never even had the need for a tampon or pad. it was just there when i wiped. I have taken 2 hpts but both were negative. my stomach is bloated or swollen. I have a total loss of appetite. when i crave things i take 2 bites and feel nauseous. i constantly feel like i have discharge. i had no usual period symptoms but after i quit bleeding i started cramping and having hot and cold flashes which i normally experience at the beginning of menstruation. could i still be pregnant? or is something else going on with me?

Symptoms:  nausea, bloating, cramping, fatigue.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Generally if your periods are regular and come on time then the home pregnancy test kits will show an accurate result if you test 7 to 10 days later than the expected date of the menstrual cycle. It is my advice that you go for a blood βhCG test which will provide more conclusive results on whether you are pregnant or not, or consult a doctor who will do a scan to see what could be the underlying reason. Only with symptoms it would be difficult to comment or categorise the symptoms as premenstrual symptoms or pregnancy symptoms as these tend to overlap.
Hope that answers your query.
Have a good day.