Possible rib connective tissue injury

Q: In Jiu-Jitsu practice I experienced a brief, but pronounced, discomfort in my my ribs. Not exactly pain, but not pleasant either. This morning I woke up with very mild tenderness in my ribs, but the area concerns me. It is exactly where my rib meets my sternum. The last time I felt this was nearly 10 years ago right before I suffered a rib separation. I doubt its a bruise, since there was no impact, but I'm no expert. How can I tell if I damaged connective tissue or if it's just a muscle pull? If I damaged connective tissue, what can I do to accelerate healing?

Symptoms:  Very mild discomfort where rib meets sternum. Feels like an average bruise.