Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possible sprain or other problem?

Possible sprain or other problem?

Patient: I was playing basketball last night, jumped straight up and landed normally. Upon landing I noticed tightness in my left ankle, the soreness is located outer foot right under the back of the ankle. The result of injury is stillness and discomfort, stiffness worsens with inactivity and lateral movement. I have plenty of sprains and they usually are a result of a twist, but this feels like a sprain with out the serverity of pain and without the swelling .

Symptoms: Stiffness and decreased movement. Can not run or push off foot without pain.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is lik ely to be mild ankle sprain. Its treatment is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in healing. However, you can get you to rule out any minor fracture. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care