Possible Thrush or Candida

Q: Why do I get sick with flu like symptoms 2 to 3 days after I have just one alcoholic drink? This has happened 3 times in 2 months. The fever, sore body, sore and itchy ears and throat and tiredness lasts for at least 7 days or more and gets worse half way through. Do I have a form of candida or thrush that doesn't go away? Also, I have been taking antacids for about a year. I have no allergies that I know of and eat everything.

Symptoms:  Mild fever, sore body, sore itchy throat and ears, tiredness, mild cough, clear runny nose and thick yellow mucus at times, mild head congestion