Possible tibia fracture 3+ weeks removed from accident?

Patient

Q: What are the chances of having a fractured tibia if there is still a bump on the shin 3 and a half weeks after falling on a rock? It is small and mildly painful when I rub it, but it doesn't hurt to walk. However, I did have a limp for a week or more after I fell, but that could have been from the swelling around the cut that I got and not necessarily from the possible damage to the bone itself...I don't know because I'm not a doctor! But just to add a little detail, I fell only a few feet against a boulder, and when I looked down I had I deep cut on my shin. The flesh looked relatively bright white, so I'm thinking the rock scraped off the entire top layer of skin (again, I'm not a doc), which would leave me to believe that there was a good amount of force applied to the front of the tibia. I probably should have gone to see a doctor in the first place, but money is tight, so that is why I am here now. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Symptoms:  A bump about the size of a few kernels of corn that is painful to the touch, but not terribly so.
Doctor