Possible wart on thumb

Q: I've had this on my thumb for quite sometime, and would like to know what it might be, and how to treat it.

Possible wart on thumb-1

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on ATD.
Warts are common to occur on fingers.
A wart is a small, rough growth resembling a cauliflower or a solid blister. It typically occurs on humans' hands or feet. Warts are caused by a viral infection, specifically by one of the many types of human papillomavirus (HPV).
I have seen your picture.
wart is quite similar to 'Periungual wart', a cauliflower-like cluster of warts that occurs around the nails.
It is possible to get warts from others; they are contagious and usually enter the body in an area of broken skin. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur.

Salicylic acid skin patches may be applied daily for a week to reduce the wart.
Please consult your doctor for treatment.
Wish you a good health!