Possible wart on thumb

Patient : I've had this on my thumb for quite sometime, and would like to know what it might be, and how to treat it.
Possible wart on thumb-1
Doctor :   Hello Thank you posting your query on ATD. Warts are common to occur on fingers. A wart is a small, rough growth res embling a cauliflower or a solid blister. It typically occurs on humans' hands or feet. Warts are caused by a viral infection, specifically by one of the many types of human papillomavirus (HPV). I have seen your picture. wart is quite similar to 'Periungual wart', a cauliflower-like cluster of warts that occurs around the nails. It is possible to get warts from others; they are contagious and usually enter the body in an area of broken skin. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur. Salicylic acid skin patches may be applied daily for a week to reduce the wart. Please consult your doctor for treatment. Wish you a good health!