Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Possibly be pregnant?

Possibly be pregnant?

Patient: Hello, I’ve recently have had sex with my boyfriend on January 14th, & I’ve noticed my tummy getting slightly bigger, though it might just be the fact that I’ve been eating a lot of junk food, & doing almost nothing but sit on the couch on my iPad. I get small cramps at my stomach. Can I possibly be pregnant?

Symptoms: Small cramps on stomach, stomach aches.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The symptoms of slight weight gain and possibly having stomach cramps are too early to be pregnancy related. Though they are a part of pregnancy symptoms, they manifest after at least 2 to 3 weeks of an intercourse. It looks like these could be premenstrual symptoms, indicating a period fast approaching. Else they may be due to the diet and indigestion or constipation as well.Drink lots of water and have a healthy diet, in case you miss your next cycle and experience nausea and similar aches, do a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancyHope this helpedRegards