Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Post Amniotic Stem Cell Injection Care

Post Amniotic Stem Cell Injection Care

Patient: I had an amniotic stem cell injection into my left shoulder labrum. I had a slight anterior tear. I was wondering what supplements I could take to facilitate the healing process. I read that L-Glutamine and Whey protein may help. Just wanted to know if you had an opinion or any knowledge on the matter.

Symptoms: Glenoid Labrum Tear

Doctor: Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,A labrum tear will not heal itself. It takes around 4-6 months for complete recovery. T he treatment depends upon which kind of tear there is in the labrum. Tears that are due to instability of the shoulder, either subluxation or dislocations, require that the labrum be reattached to the rim of the socket.It is believed that it takes at least four to six weeks for the labrum to re-attach itself to the rim of the bone, and probably another four to six weeks to get strong. Once the labrum has healed to the rim of the bone, it should see stress very slowly so that it can gather strength. It is important not to re-injure it while it is healing. Wish you a quick recovery.