Post Op expectations for knee patellar tendon surgery

Patient : Doctor on 30 June I had knee patellar tendon sugery I was told I could put weight it as tolerated wearing a locked brace. I have been doing this but today I noticed that sometime my knew would buckle and give out when I walk, using walker too I this normal post op or should I suspect maybe the surgery was not successful. I do not see my surgeon until 16 July
Symptoms:  Knee buckles after tendon surgery
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Your knee should not buckle after patellar tendon surgery. It may not be surgery failure but may be due inflammation and pain. But it is advisable to rest for few weeks and consult your operating surgeon. Analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief can be taken. It can accurately judged by clinical examination only. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.