Post Surgery Advice - Hand

Patient : My other half has recently, exactly one month ago, had microsurgery on his right hand after slicing four fingers and palm and doing some serious tendon damage. It's healing okay but there's alot of loose thick layers of skin, like calloused parts of his fingers and palm that's kind of peeling away, our question is whether or not to cut away these pieces and cover the new pink skin with some gauze or something rather then leave them because we're worried they'll catch and during physio they rub and cause him some discomfort. Can you please give us some advice?? Thanks so much
Doctor :   I strongly suggest that you do not attempt to cut away this callous skin as you may cause more harm than good or disrupt or damage the repair that has been performed. Should his discomfort become unbearable, he should speak with his surgeon before removing any of the skin around the operation site.