70 Physicians Online


Post void dribbling

Dear Ask The Doctor:
When i go to the bathroom to pee and when i get through and pull my pants up i leak urine i feel it run down my legs what should i do ? do i need to start buying adult diapers or guards for men?


The problem you have described is called post void dribbling and usually suggests an obstruction of the bladder. The two most common causes of bladder obstruction in are prostate enlargement and urethral strictures. The urethra is the tube which leads from the bladder to the end of the penis. Occasionally, bladder infections may have the same symptom. You will need to see your doctor for an examination. Chances are you will also have to see a urologist (urinary tract specialist) to confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

Related Answers:

Approximately 4-5 weeks ago I began having the signs of a urinary tract infection (UTI). It started off as painful ur...

I got symptoms of a UTI about 4-5 days ago. Ive been drinking plenty of water to help flush it out, and ive lost all...

So two weeks ago I believed I had a uti because I had pains in lower stomach, it hurt to pee and I would frequently ...

Hi, so for a weeks now my urine has been a bit smelly and cloudy.I don't have the itching or burning or urgent urinat...

I'm here to ask mostly one question: What are the chances of my symptoms being something like a urinary tract infecti...

Hey. Doctor. In January I got my first pep smear. They said I had a bacterial infection. They gave me medicine. I to...

I have some problem of urine.after sperm discharge,a lot of urine

Why would your urine stink. Pain also with this. I do have an inter stem in my back for my bladder

Help me I got Hand sanitizer in my penis but the pain and burning went away on the same day right after I felt the p...

I am 29 years old male, In my urine culture E.coli count is 50000/ml,and in semen culture enterococcus faecalis is s...

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA