Post void dribbling

Q: When i go to the bathroom to pee and when i get through and pull my pants up i leak urine i feel it run down my legs what should i do ? do i need to start buying adult diapers or guards for men?

A:   The problem you have described is called post void dribbling and usually suggests an obstruction of the bladder. The two most common causes of bladder obstruction in are prostate enlargement and urethral strictures. The urethra is the tube which leads from the bladder to the end of the penis. Occasionally, bladder infections may have the same symptom. You will need to see your doctor for an examination. Chances are you will also have to see a urologist (urinary tract specialist) to confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment.