Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Postive pregnancy test

Postive pregnancy test

Patient: Hi I need your help, I last had my menstruation on the 23rd to 27th of February 2015. On the 6th of March 2015 I had an intercourse. Is it possible that I might be pregnant? Im not using any contraceptives and this was the first time this year I had unprotected sex after 2 your and 6 months.

Symptoms: Just stomach cramps

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you are having regular 28+/-2 days menstrual cycles, as yo u had unprotected intercourse on 12th day of your menstrual cycle, there is some possibility of pregnancy.Because usually in case of regular 28+/-2 days menstrual cycles ovulation can occur between 12th to 16th day of the cycle.So, if you miss your expected date of periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care