Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Postmenopausal bleeding

Postmenopausal bleeding

Patient: I have postmenopausal bleeding. I use cotton swabs to try and tell where the bleeding is coming from and it seems to be from the top of my vagina. Two doctors have checked me out and saw no bleeding from the cervix. What’s going on?

Symptoms: Fevers, cough

Doctor: Hello,If cervix as the cause of bleeding is ruled out and as you are menopausal , then the possible chance of bleedin g from vagina can be due to atrophic vaginitis which can present as dryness and vaginal abrasions which can bleed after intercourse and the intercourse can be may discuss the option of using oestrogen vaginal cream thrice a week for 2 months for the same and i am sure you would be relieved.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards

View all posts