Postnasal Drip has lasted for weeks now, what is the cause?

Q: I recently got a bad cold with a terrible cough about a month ago. the main symptoms, (aching body , runny nose, chronic cough, raspy voice etc) only lasted for about 3-4 days. But ive had mucus in the back of my throat for weeks now and its irritating. is there any reason as to why ? i feel completly healthy and fine its just the constant annoyance of having to clear my throat that bugs me. for some reason i also cant "spit up" my mucus like most people do its difficult for me so when i clear my throat and the mucus gets to the tip of my throat i tend to swallow it again. the weather here has changed from hot to cold with the season change. could that also be a reason ?help

Symptoms:  Mucus in the back of throat. (sometimes nose gets runny)

A:   Thank you for your question. After a upper respiratory tract infection and sinus infection you may continue to experience post nasal drip due to the inflammation caused by the infection. It is possible that you may need to be treated with an antihistamine medication to assist in decreasing this post nasal drip. Please see your doctor to be reexamined and start a course of medication to assist in alleviating your post nasal drip.

Thank you for consulting