Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Postsex Problems After Losing My Virginity

Postsex Problems After Losing My Virginity

Patient: I had sex for the first time a month ago. Afterwards I was bleeding and having pain in my urination for 2 weeks then I felt fine. I had sex again last week and I was bleeding a little bit not that much for 2 days then it stopped but now I’m still having pain in my urination and I’m seeing brownish discharge when I pee. Is there something wrong with me? Also, how do I know if my hymen is broken or not? Because when I touch my vagina it doesn’t feel like a hole it still feels like my hymen is there.

Symptoms: Burning sensation after peeing, peeing constantly, brown discharge while peeing

Doctor: Bleeding following 1st or initial attempt is common and you need not become anxious. Hymen may be torn or partially torn. There is a strong possibility that it is still there. A gynecologist can examine and confirm. Initial sexual encounter can lead to urethritis which goes by the name. “Honey moon urethritis / cystitis”. It is more likely related to physical pressure. If symptoms persist, it needs testing and clinical evaluation for proper treatment. Please meet your doctor.