Potential Penile Fracture

Patient : I am a 25 year old male and was having sex with my girlfriend and I slipped out and she came down hard on my erect penis. It hurt very badly at first, but then the pain quickly went away so I didn't do anything about it. Now about 3-4 weeks later, it appears swollen, crooked, shorter and I can't maintain an erection. I did some reading about penile fractures online and it freaked me out - should I go to the ER or should I wait until Monday to see a urologist about this issue? I know urgent care is required, but I don't know if one day will make a difference. I am very concerned about long term problems associated with this injury and I don't know if an ER would be able to appropriately diagnose my issue.
Symptoms:  Swelling, bending of penis. Inability to maintain erection.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have problem with keeping erection, i recently got married, can you please advice some medication for the problem.

Q: Mid-twenties. Never had morning wood and my genitals look like that of a child. Bloodwork shows that t(total: 579ng/d...

Q: Hi, This is regardingmy Erection. I am recently married and I love my wife. We have sex quite often, and sometimes it...

Q: Hi, I am a 49 years male. Since last April, I am experiencing erection problems where my erections are no longer hard...

Q: I just turned 40 and i'm having problem keeping an erection I didn't used to have this problem it gets up but not as...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon