Ask The Doctor > Pending > Potential Penile Fracture

Potential Penile Fracture

Patient: I am a 25 year old male and was having sex with my girlfriend and I slipped out and she came down hard on my erect penis. It hurt very badly at first, but then the pain quickly went away so I didn’t do anything about it. Now about 3-4 weeks later, it appears swollen, crooked, shorter and I can’t maintain an erection. I did some reading about penile fractures online and it freaked me out – should I go to the ER or should I wait until Monday to see a urologist about this issue? I know urgent care is required, but I don’t know if one day will make a difference. I am very concerned about long term problems associated with this injury and I don’t know if an ER would be able to appropriately diagnose my issue.

Symptoms: Swelling, bending of penis. Inability to maintain erection.

Doctor: