Potentially Pregnant?

Patient

Q: My boyfriend and I had a condom break my mid cycle. I was a week late with my period and when I got it it was very abnormal (Worse than normal cramps, Lighter flow, Vomiting and diarrhea). I took a pregnancy test a few days before my period came and it was negative. Is it possible that I could still be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Worse than normal cramps, Lighter flow, Vomiting Diarrhea
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
You should opt for a pregnancy test if you do not get your periods even after 7 to 10 days past the date of your expected menstrual cycle. Opt for a pregnancy test past 3 weeks from the time of the unprotected sexual intercourse to be sure that you are not pregnant ,as you say that you had had scanty period. Home pregnancy test will not give accurate results generally when done prior to the expected date of menstrual cycle.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.