Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pre-diagnosed Blood sugar readings

Pre-diagnosed Blood sugar readings

Patient: I was asked by my NP to take blood glucose reading for 4-6 weeks to see what my blood sugar looks like during the day and night. My wake up blood sugar ranges from 127 to (today’s) 168. This is after nothing to each for at least 8 hours. My 2-hour past meal readings range from 157 – 219. Before meals from 121 – 182. Bedtime readings range from 117 – 206. Any comments?

Doctor: Apparently with these results might put you in the diagnosis of diabetes. Having a result of more than 126 after 8 hours of not ingesting anything on three occasions confirms the diagnosis of Diabetes.I would suggest you to comply with your appointments; you will probably need to be counseled about diet and lifestyle changes to control your blood sugar levels at the beginning.