Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pre-ejaculation fluid, Plan-B and chance of pregnancy

Pre-ejaculation fluid, Plan-B and chance of pregnancy

Patient: My boyfriend and I had unprotected intercourse two days ago. He did not ejaculate in me but he believes he released a very minuscule amount of pre-ejaculation fluid. I took plan-b yesterday which was about 26 hours after the intercourse. What is the possibility of me getting pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,If you have already taken plan -b well within 72 hrs of intercourse, then that is the best you could have done as pre cum ejaculate is known to contain sperms along with prostatic fluid but in lesser concentration, yet capable of fertilizing the ovum.It is suggested that you may wait for next 7-10 days for your withdrawal bleed to occur. Once it occurs you can consider your self safe from pregnancy.I hope I have answered your query,Regards