Pre natal controls.

Patient

Q: Dear Dr. , My wife is pregnant now it is 6 weeks, she did not consult a doctor yet. when should she consult a doctor for further treatment. is this necessary to see a doctor now or after 3 months.

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about your wife’s pregnancy control. Certainly it is extremely important to have and comply with your pre-natal controls, not only for the health and evaluation of the development of your baby but also for the health and safety of your wife.
During the 10 to 12 weeks of pregnancy, the baby develops all the organs and systems which would transform it from embryo to fetus, and this development is considered to be important to evaluate since it is the part of the pregnancy that is considered to have more miscarriages.
I would suggest your wife to consult her Obstetrician for a more detailed evaluation and follow up. In the meantime I would also suggest her to start taking Prenatal Vitamins and Minerals especially containing Iron and Folic acid which would help in the development of your child’s nervous system. I wish you a successful pregnancy