Ask The Doctor > Pending > Pre Workout Supplement and Anxiety

Pre Workout Supplement and Anxiety

Patient: Hi, I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I am currently taking Prozac twenty five mg three times a day and Clonazopam (not sure the exact dosage). Anyway, I am an avid gym goer working out two to three hrs per day. I find this helps with my anxiety and improves confidence and self worth. I do cardio plus weight training. For the past few Months, I have been taking pre workout supplements with little To no side effects other than some lingering anxiety afterwards. I was wondering if it is okay to use pre workout supplements since I have an anxiety disorder and are on medications. Given I am a healthy individual otherwise with no history of Physical medical conditions other than my anxiety and depression.Thank you for your time.

Doctor: