Pregancy after C-section

Patient

Q: I HAD A QUESTION AND HOPE YOU COULD HELP ME I HAD A BABY DEC 16,2009 I HAD A C-SECTION AND I WAS STILL DISCHARGING BLOOD WELL I HAD SEX WITH MY BF YESTERDAY AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE POSSIBLE I GET PREGNANT WE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX?IS THERE ANY HOW I COULD PREVENT IT FROM GETTING PREGNANT?WHAT COULD HAPPEN?

Doctor

A:   You must be under a tremendous amount of stress.  Pregnancy after c-section is not recommended till at least 12 months after the C-section. It takes time for the body to recover, heal and prepare itself for another pregnancy.
ANYTIME there is unptoteced sex, pregnancy is possible.
To prevent pregnancy, it is best to take PLAN B within 72 hours if unprotected sex. The earlier you take it, the better the chance of preventing a pregnancy. For those women who have irregular cycles or there has been a disruption in their cycles, I often recommend a home pregnancy test 2 weeks after taking plan B for reassurance.
Speak to your local doctor or pharmacist today to see if PLAN B is right for you.