Pregnacy lower back pain to stomack pain

Patient : I am 38 weeks pregnant and tonight i am having severe back pain that goes around to my stomich is this labor or contractions
Symptoms:  Pregnant lower back and front pain
Doctor :   Hello, If you are already 38 weeks pregnant and the pain has suddenly started from the lower back and goes forward ove r below pubic area, this indicates that the head of the baby has entered into the pelvis already and if you have started experiencing frequent uterine contractions with a frequency 2-3 contractions lasting for 20 -25 seconds each in 10 minutes, then you are entering into pre-labour and you must report to the ER for an imminent delivery. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you safe pregnancy outcome, Regards,