Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnacy lower back pain to stomack pain

Pregnacy lower back pain to stomack pain

Patient: I am 38 weeks pregnant and tonight i am having severe back pain that goes around to my stomich is this labor or contractions

Symptoms: Pregnant lower back and front pain

Doctor: Hello,If you are already 38 weeks pregnant and the pain has suddenly started from the lower back and goes forward ove r below pubic area, this indicates that the head of the baby has entered into the pelvis already and if you have started experiencing frequent uterine contractions with a frequency 2-3 contractions lasting for 20 -25 seconds each in 10 minutes, then you are entering into pre-labour and you must report to the ER for an imminent delivery.I hope I have answered your query in detail,wishing you safe pregnancy outcome,Regards,