Pregnacy lower back pain to stomack pain

Patient

Q: I am 38 weeks pregnant and tonight i am having severe back pain that goes around to my stomich is this labor or contractions

Symptoms:  Pregnant lower back and front pain
Doctor

If you are already 38 weeks pregnant and the pain has suddenly started from the lower back and goes forward over below pubic area, this indicates that the head of the baby has entered into the pelvis already and if you have started experiencing frequent uterine contractions with a frequency 2-3 contractions lasting for 20 -25 seconds each in 10 minutes, then you are entering into pre-labour and you must report to the ER for an imminent delivery.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you safe pregnancy outcome,
Regards,