Pregnancy

Patient : Doctor, Please I want to know if Staph can prevent a woman from getting pregnant? I and my wife have been having sex for 1 year now but she is yet to conceive. So she went for a medical test and the result shows she has heavy growth of staph, and I was asked to come for my test too, after the test the result shows I have moderate growth. We have been worried if it will prevent us from having kids. However we are on treatment now, and the second test my wife did last week shows scanty growth. I will be very glad to hear from you.
Doctor :   Pelvic infections may result in tubal blockages, endometritis etc. leading to infertility. However these are mainly caus ed by chlamydiae, gonococci, mycobacteria tuberculosis etc. Staphylococcal infections are rare causes of infertility. However any infection in the body releases factors that can negatively impact the implantation rates and conception rates. As you and your wife are both being treated for the same, I feel that there should not be any long term implications on your fertility. I would suggest that you start trying again after the course of antibiotics is over. You could also discuss additional basic fertility investigations that both you and yourvpartner