Pregnancy

Patient

Q: I am 30 weeks pregnant and throughout my pregnancy have taken garcinia cambogia pills - what are the effects and will my baby be okay?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
The use of these pills during pregnancy or breast feeding are not contraindicated. But there have been no studies to know the effect of using this supplement during pregnancy therefore to be on the safer side this pill should be avoided. Since you have already used it, it is better to see the gynecologist who can do a scan for the fetus to see if everything is fine.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.