Pregnancy

Patient : I did a home pregnancy test yesterday and it came out positive.i am taking folic acid 6 weeks now. i would like to know if i am really pregnant or because of the folic acid it came out positive
Doctor :   Hello, I understand your doubt about pregnancy test. Let me reassure you that the Folic Acid could not interfere with th e HPT to produce a false positive result. I agree with you that occasionally these tests might be wrong, that is why it is recommended to confirm the results with a blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider. I would suggest continuing taking the Folic acid supplement until you rule out pregnancy completely, your doctor might also prescribe another pre natal vitamins and minerals. I wish you the best.