Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy after a missed abortion

Pregnancy after a missed abortion

Patient: I had a missed abortion on 8th week of my first pregnancy. The D and C has done on 02 May. My doubts are- When will be my next period, When we can start intercourse, When i can conceive again

Doctor: Your next period should typically start soon after your first menstrual cycle after the D and C .However there is some h ormonal imbalance and thus there is no specific time period but the menstrual cycle should resume within 2 months approximately. You can engage in intercourse whenever you are comfortable however please use contraception. You will be able to concieve again once your periods have regained their normal character and frequency. All the best.