Pregnancy after abortion

Patient

Q: I had a surgical abortion 5 weeks ago I tested negative at 3 weeks after my abirtion and et 4 weeks now at 5 weeks testing positive an going very faint again what is happening to me am I pregnant again

Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion.

If after your abortion , in the following 3rd and 4th week , the beta hcg levels were undetectable ( as they should have been ), but after 5th week if there is a faint line it would indicate positivity for pregnancy , in case you have been sexually active in the month and not following any contraception.

However it is advisable to repeat the test again the next morning with early morning urine sample. If positive again , then chances are bright that you may be pregnant.
I hope i have answered your query,
wishing you good health ,
regards