Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy After Depo Shot

Pregnancy After Depo Shot

Patient: I had one depo shot and was scheduled for my second on March 29th, but did not get it. I have had unprotected sex since then.Could I be pregnant?

Doctor: I understand how concerned you are about possible pregnancy. Let me tell you that if you had unprotected sex more than a week after your next injection due date, there might be a possibility for pregnancy.I would suggest you to take a pregnancy test after 2 weeks since your last sexual encounter or wait for your next menses to show, however if your menses are late for a week after your due date, you might want to take a Pregnancy test before having another Depo Provera shot.