Pregnancy after ectopic surgey

Q: What could happen if you I were to get pregnant after have an ectopic pregnancy and surgery before having a regular period first?

Thanks for contacting ask the for an opinion.
If you have already undergone a surgery for an ectopic pregnancy and a possible salpingectomy or salpingostomy then it is advisable that you should avoid pregnancy for at least 2 months to allow the post surgical wound to heal. If the tube has been removed as in salpingectomy then you may conceive through the other tube if its patent, but you must understand that the chances of a repeat ectopic pregnancy after one is increased by 30 percent. Secondly if the tube is not removed and just the pregnancy was removed out of the tube then chances of post op adhesions in that very tube are high and chances of ectopic in that tube is also increased.
So it is advised that if you plan for pregnancy , there should be a gap of 3 months at least and whenever your pregnancy test is positive you should definitely get a ultrasound pelvis done to confirm an intrauterine pregnancy first and always keep your physician in picture .
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,

Patient: I had surgery on December 17th. My doctor was able to save my tube. I have not had a period yet. I want to know if I were to accidentally get pregnant before actually having a regular period after surgery how it would affect my body? Because it would be so soon after have the procedure, would my body be able to handle a pregnancy so quickly?
Doctor: The chances of repeat ectopic are increased by 30 per cent if you happen to get pregnant , so in that case tune would have to be removed completely better follow contraception diligently.