Pregnancy after Miscarriage Maybe….?

Patient: Had a miscarriage in February 2015 and haven’t been able to regulate my cycle yet. I had my first period on March 16-23 and now again from April 13 through April 19. My periods have never been this close together. I do not know when I ovulated and have been having unprotected sex since the 24th of March. Could I be pregnant or is this normal?

Symptoms: I am either hungry or have a loss of appetite, have insomnia or always asleep, short headaches, nausea and cramping every so often. I would like to believe that my most recent bleeding was my period (April 13-19), but am not sure because of how close it was to my last one.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.After a miscarriage, the cycles usually resume the coming month or after 2 months. In y our case, the ovulation has begun on time and hence you have also got the cycles, though early.This is a sign of normal ovulation and menstruation. Since you have had unprotected intercourse during this interval post menses, there is all possibility of getting pregnant. Kindly do a pregnancy test after 14 days of your last intercourse and repeat the same after a week if the test is negative.The symptoms that you have described are not specific to call it a pregnancy, we have to confirm it by tests.Hope this helped.Regards