Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy after periods

Pregnancy after periods

Patient: Can a woman get pregnant the day after period ends? what is the possibility of getting pregnant? Can fingering in vagina with ejaculated semen in the finger can cause pregnancy? if a woman has 30-32 days period cycle what is the chance of getting pregnant after period? my girlfriend and I did make-out a few days ago right after her period ended. we didn’t have sex but i did fingering and there were some semen in my hand. so, we are scared now. will this cause pregnancy? how she will confirm that she is safe?

Symptoms: Vomiting, dizziness

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The fact that you had fingered your partner with probable sperm s on hand just after her menses ended, would not cause pregnancy simply because she was at that moment was in her safe period and that no ovulation had taken place until day 14-16 of her cycle. So in absence of ovulation, fertilisation cannot occur even if there would have been an unprotected intercourse with ejaculation.This is all valid if her cycles have been regular. It is advised that you may undertake a serum beta HCG test after 7 days post this sexual encounter to be doubly sure with regards to the pregnancy. This test is positive then shall indicate conception else rule out pregnancy confirmatively and you can then easily relax with evidence. But considering the safe period, the chances of conception are minimal. So rest assured.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards