Pregnancy after Tubal Ligation Reversal

Patient

Q: How LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT AFTER I HAD A MISSCARRIAGE , I WAS A MONTH PREGNANT WHEN I MISSCARRIED THAT WAS A WEEK A GO TODAY . I AM 40 YEARS OLD I HAD A TUBAL REASTIMOSTIUS ON JUNE 11TH , I BELIVE THE ONLY REASON WHY I MISSCARRIED VERY EARLY BECAUSE IT WAS TO SOON AFTER MY SURGERY TY DENISE

Doctor

A:   The recovery period after tubal reanastomosis varies between individuals but usually takes approximately 6 weeks. You should note that there is a high failure rate for attempted pregnancies after such a procedure especially in women over 37 years of age.