Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy after tubes tied.

Pregnancy after tubes tied.

Patient: I had a tubal ligastin done jan of 2013 during my c-section. This was with my second child and when i got pg with him i just knew i was pg. i felt ovulation happen this past Saturday for the first time sense having son. Ever sense then i just feel pg. is this to soon to have symptoms?. Is it even posible?

Symptoms: Nausea back and leg pain breast feel heavy crampy

Doctor: Hello,Thanks or contacting askthe doctor.comThe failure rate of permanent sterilisation technique for fallopian t ubal ligation in women is around 0.3 per cent. The chances of failure is attributed to faulty fallope ring application or wrong techniques used or even slippage of fallope rings from the tubes.However during cesarean section most common technique used is the modified pomeroys or parkland method which has a failure rate of almost nil.So , best way would be to undergo a urine pregnancy test 7 days after a missed period to rule out pregnancy confirmatively. Ovulation is not effected by tubectomy in any ways and chances that some stressors may cause progestrogen excess causing such symptoms.However the symptoms you are experiencing may well be that of premenstrual syndrome which mimic pregnancy early symptoms in a major way , but they subside once the menses resume.I suggest you wait for your menses to resume and decide accordingly to contemplate any possibility of pregnancy or sterilisation failure.I hope i have answered your queries in detail.wishing you best of health,regards