PREGNANCY AFTHER TUBELATION

Patient: HELLO I HAD A TUBELATION WHEN I WAS 23 YEARS OLD.IMA NOW FEELING AS I MIGHT BE PREGNANT TENDER BEAST FEELING AS I WANT TO VOMIT URINATING MORE I TOOK A HOME TEST IT SAID,NEG CAN I BE PREGNANT?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The risk of becoming pregnant after a successful tubal ligation is lower than any other for of contraception except abstinence from sexual intercourse. Having said that there is a small percentage of cases wherein tubal ligation surgery has failed and which can lead to preganancy. Given the fact that you had a negative pregnancy test leads us beleive that your symptoms may have another etiology such as hormonal imbalances, or and infection. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to be examined for other possible causes of your symptoms as pregnancy is a very low possibility in this case.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your medical query.