Pregnancy and depo injections

Patient: Ivc been on the depol injection for 2 months now but been feeling pregnant took a test and it come bk positive, am i pregnant and if so how??? i wasnt pregnant before i went on the injection due to having a miss carridge!

Doctor: It is unusual to get pregnant when on depo injections, there is a failure rate, but it’s extremely low. Sometimes pregna ncies occur before the shot was given and go unrecognized. Though there are certain complication that could occur like low birth weigh and premature babies, these are very minimal and will probably not be an issue. I would definitely suggest that you see your doctor and maybe even repeat a blood test for pregnancy to be sure. If you are indeed pregnant, you will have to stop the depo injections and take prenatal vitamins containing folic acid.