Pregnancy and lower, one sided, abdominal ache.

Patient : I am 5w & 1d pregnant from my last period. Positive at home pregnancy test. Normal pregnancy symptoms. I do have a random dull aches on my right side (lower abdomen). I have had random spotting since I missed my period (nothing that's needed a panty liner). Is there anything specifically associated with dull ache on right side and pregnancy, or is it mostly normal.
Symptoms:  Lower abdominal pain on right ovary area, very light spotting.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Occasional minimal pain abdomen can be seen in early pregnanc y. But as you are having associated spotting, better to get evaluated. Sometimes spotting can be seen in early pregnancy due to implantation, embedding gestational sac, increased blood supply to local structures etc. But rarely it may indicate miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy etc. So, please do consult your doctor once and get examined. Ultrasound helps in finding out the cause of pain and spotting, then treatment can be planned accordingly. Take care.