Pregnancy and miscarriage

Patient : Miscarried 3 weeks ago, did not see a doctor but no period yet but cramps on lower abdomen. is this normal
Symptoms:  Cramps on the lower abdomen
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. It is very important to see a doctor first and rule out the miscarriage. It is importa nt to make sure it was a uterine pregnancy followed by miscarriage and not an ectopic as they can cause severe lower abdominal cramps, documenting immediate attention. You can anticipate your cycle in a month's time if it is a natural miscarriage and has not left any retained products of conception. Hope this helped. Regards