Pregnancy and period.

Patient

Q: Hello, my girlfriend thinks shes pregnant for 16 weeks, but she got her period last 4 months, could it still be possible? Thanks
EDIT:
EDIT:She had regular period all those times, she only gained a little weight.

Doctor

A:   Having a period regularly and yet being pregnant is rare but possible. Implantation bleeding is seen in some women who are pregnant at the time of the expected period but is characteristically lighter, reddish brown or light pink in color and is easily recognized as different than a period.
Hence whenever one is in doubt, one must take a home pregnancy test immediately.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. You should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best.
Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you're pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers' instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit,
For more accurate results test first thing in the morning and give the kit a few minutes to work. Most women are able to take the test themselves without any hassles.