Pregnancy and smoking

Patient

Q: I am pregnant and need to stop smoking. Are water vapor nicotine-free cigarettes safe? What about Wellbutrin?

Symptoms:  Pregnant
Doctor

There are no controlled studies regarding the safety of water vapor nicotine-free cigarettes in pregnancy and also there is no clarity regarding the contents in these cigarettes.
Sometimes these cigarettes may also contain other toxins, so better to stop all types of cigarettes.
Wellbutrin contains bupropion, which is an antidepressant and belongs to category C drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have demonstrated few adverse effects on the fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking.
So, this drug should be used only when strongly recommended and with prescription of your doctor.
Take care.