Pregnancy and STDs???

Patient

Q: I am 6 months pregnant with twin girls. I just found out my partner was unfaithful and found out that I have chlamydia. My doctor said it was caught right on time so I can get treatment. Will this still affect my babies after I have been treated?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Untreated chlamydia in pregnancy can lead to complications like premature rupture of membranes, chorioamnionitis etc.
But with early diagnosis and proper treatment this complication can be prevented.
Once the treatment is completed and infection is cured, there may not be any major risk to the babies.

Hope this helps.
Take care