Pregnancy and the best preventive method

Patient

Q: Hi I am a 28 year male and got married recently to a 25 year old girl. We are planning to postpone pregnancy for a year and may I know the best preventive measure to plan this. Are condoms 100% successful and are there any side effects that could potentially arise from condoms?

Symptoms:  Pregnancy, Preventive measure
Doctor

If you both are planning to postpone pregnancy for a year then the best contraception would be low dose oral contraceptive pills as these are safe and being low dose free from side effects like weight gain and oedema . They apart from contraception , allow regularisation of menses .
Condoms are barrier contraception and with a failure rate of 1-3per cent , higher than oc pills whose failure rate is 0.3-0.7 per cent.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you safe sexual practices,
regards