Pregnancy and the flu. Should I cancel travel plans?

Patient : I am pregnant and was planning to travel, by plane, for the holiday. I am thinking of canceling plans since I don't want to risk getting the flu now the the shot is not as effective and the state I am traveling to has a high number of cases. Is that that smart or just overreacting?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. If shot is not effective there is chance of getting flu as im munity decreases in pregnancy. But usually medicines help in treating the condition if started early and taken properly. Now traveling depends on the importance of the visit. If traveling is a must, you can go after taking shot and be careful there. If you get symptoms of flu, immediately start the medicine. If your trip is an optional one, you may cancel it. Take care.